APRIL THE SEVENTH


The fine afternoon of April the Seventh,
Happiness came rapping on my door, 
So loud it reverberated the empty home inside me,
Along with it, it brought a kind of joy I’d never felt before,
A sense of calmness I’d been seeking all my life
Love came crashing through walls,
And through boundaries and mountains and oceans,
It came from a quarter of a world away,
And it amazes me how it didn’t get lost on the way,
Like it knew exactly where to find me,
I greeted it like I’d been waiting for it forever,
I welcomed it and I stood still,
As it swept through me, into me, engulfing me in its warmth and kindness,
I got down to work,
To save its essence, to cherish it, to have faith in it,
To hold on to it in a way that would make it feel free,
And as it roamed around exploring the house within me,
I could only hope, 
That I could make it feel home enough for it to stay. 




XOX

Insane Little Brunette 

Comments

Popular Posts