PRACTICING TRUST

I'm standing in the balcony under the night sky. The cool Mumbai breeze rustles my hair. It has rained recently and a calm has set over the hot and fast city. 


I look up at the all-too-familiar shining skyscrapers that I have been seeing since I was a teenager. These buildings feel like home. They have seen me grow over a decade, they have seen me dream, they have seen me hope, they have seen me love, they have been a part of my life. 

I love this place. I love what this place had given me. I love my home. 

As a teenager, I used to watch the airplane lights flicker across the night sky and it excited me every single time. I believed it was a sign from the universe that great things lay in store for me and I used to jump with joy even if I saw a single flight. 


I feel the same way now, but instead of jumping, I feel it in my heart. 
Tbh though, I think I'm gonna start jumping again. 

A lot of things have been preoccupying my mind recently, all of them out of my control. I'm wondering what the upcoming months will bring and sometimes I fear I might not be enough. 


Here's what I am going to do. 

I am going to breathe and relax in productive, refreshing ways.
I am going to waste the least amount of time possible. 
I am going to blog to express myself and empty my head and heart.
I am going to give my best.
And I am going to practice trust.


Everyday. Day after day.


XOX

Shiruli Dash,

AKA Insane Little Brunette.

Comments

Popular Posts