BE THE BEST, HUN. IT'S EASY.

I am quietly getting obsessed with being the best. 

I am so sick of people and their mediocre, average, let's-sweep-it-under-the-mat, let's-procrastinate-and-pass-exams-and-pretend-we-know-everything lifestyle. Not just now. I've been doing this shit ALL MY LIFE.



I used to take pride in calling myself the "Queen Of Skillful Procrastination."

Now, even the thought of it makes me flinch. 



Oh and the C-word, guys. 

"Competition".



THAT SHIT F*CKS UP MY PEACE.


For the thousandth time, I am not competing with you. I will build up my skills quietly, I will compete with myself, but you are not going to drag me into your storm of stress over who's better. I have been dragged into endless competition storms and I've come out badly. Everytime. 

Bitch, you want to think you're better than me, don't think anymore. I'll give you the award willingly, go frame it on your wall. You ARE better than me. Happy?



I guess I am getting tired of living a lie. Tired of not doing things with passion. Tired of not giving my best. 

When I don't know shit, I don't know, ok?? I'm tired of pretending that I know a lot more things than I actually do.



I am slowly, very slowly, but steadily starting to get an idea of who I am as a person. I gotta tell you, the way I'm thinking, it's AMAZINGLY STRONG, like, Imma slay all my goals in life. (I mean, idk, but I hope).

And knowing who I am, and how painfully correct I am, is making me less ashamed of the crazy mistakes I'm making. 



Imagine a Brunette. She's standing in front of the mirror, tilting her head, closing her eyes and smiling with the knowledge that she's solidly amazing. 

She looks at how beautiful and precious she is and realizes that she is learning how to be proud of the things about herself that she was once ashamed about.



And no one can take that from her.


"We don't see things the way they are. We see things the way we are."

~ Unknown.




Xoxo


Insane Little Brunette.

Comments

Popular Posts